If you develop apps for a living, you know that reviews are everything. In fact, 79% of app users check an app’s ratings and reviews before downloading it. Positive reviews can make your app, while negative ones can break it.
In this article, we’ll look at the benefits of getting positive reviews and give tips on ensuring that your app receives as many positive reviews as possible. We’ll also discuss what to do when you receive a negative review, and we’ll take a look at the consequences of not having enough positive reviews.
So keep reading to find out how to get more positive reviews for your app.
What Are the Benefits of Getting Positive Reviews for Your App?
There are many benefits to getting positive reviews for your app. Here are some of the most important ones:
1. Increased visibility in the app store – When your app has a lot of positive reviews, it will be more visible in the app store. This is because apps with many positive reviews are more likely to be featured in the app store. And when your app is featured, it will get many more downloads.
2. More downloads – As we just mentioned, your app will get more downloads when it is more visible in the app store. And the more downloads you have, the more chances you can make money from your app.
3. Better app ranking – Your app’s ranking in the app store will also improve with more positive reviews. This is because the app store algorithm considers the number of positive reviews when ranking apps.
4. More organic downloads – In addition to the increased visibility and ranking your app will enjoy, you will also get more organic downloads. This is because people are likelier to download an app with many positive reviews.
5. Increased trust – When your app has a lot of positive reviews, it will be seen as more trustworthy. And when people trust your app, they are more likely to use it and recommend it to others.
App Marketing Ideas For Positive Reviews
Now that we’ve looked at the benefits of getting positive reviews let’s look at how to get more people to leave positive reviews for your app. Here are some app marketing ideas that you can use to increase the number of positive reviews for your app:
1. Use an app marketing agency – An app marketing agency can help you get more positive reviews. They will use different app marketing strategies to promote your app and increase its visibility. This will lead to more people downloading and using your app. And the more people who use your app, the more likely they will leave a positive review.
2. Use app store optimization (ASO) – Optimizing your Play and App Store will make it easier for customers to find your app. Once customers find your app, they will be more likely to download it and leave a positive review. This increase in ranking is done through ASO for Android and IOS.
3. Use paid app marketing – You can also use app store search ads and other paid app marketing techniques to promote your app. When people see your ad, they will be more likely to click on it and download your app. And once they use your app, they may leave a positive review.
4. Get featured in the app store – If your app is featured in the app store, you will get many positive reviews. When people see your app featured, they will be likelier to download and try it out. And if they like your app, they will leave a positive review.
5. Spread the word amongst friends and family- Friends and family can be your biggest advocates. Ask them to try out your app and leave a positive review if they like it. You can also ask them to tell their friends about your app.
These are some of the best and easiest ways to get more positive reviews. Try out these app marketing ideas and see how they work for you.
What to Do When You Receive a Negative Review
It’s not all sunshine and roses when it comes to app reviews. You will also receive negative reviews from time to time. And while it could be better, you can use negative reviews to improve your app. Here’s what you should do when you receive a negative review:
1. Respond to the review – The first thing you should do is respond. This shows that you listen to your users and care about their experience.
2. Thank the user for their feedback – Even if the feedback is negative, thank the user for taking the time to leave a review.
3. Offer a solution – If the user has left a negative review because of a problem, offer a solution. For example, if they’re having trouble with a particular feature, offer to help them troubleshoot the issue.
4. Don’t take it personally – It’s essential not to take negative reviews personally. This is because they usually do not reflect you or your app.
5. Use negative reviews as constructive feedback – Negative reviews can be helpful. This is because they can help you identify problems with your app that you may have yet to be aware of.
What Are the Consequences of Not Having Enough Positive Reviews for Your App?
If you don’t have enough positive reviews for your app, there are a few consequences you may face:
1. Your app will be less visible in the app store – The app store algorithm prioritizes apps with more positive reviews when ranking, so if you have fewer glowing testimonials, potential customers will be less likely to see your app.
2. Your app ranking will suffer – In addition to being less visible, your app’s ranking will also suffer if you need more positive reviews. This is because the app store algorithm considers the number of positive reviews when ranking apps.
3. You will need help converting users – If potential users see that your app has mostly negative reviews, they will be less likely to download it. This is because 97% of people tend to trust reviews when making a purchasing decision.
4. Your app will be seen as less trustworthy – When it has many positive reviews, it will be seen as more trustworthy. And when people trust your app, they are more likely to use it and recommend it to others.
5. You may lose users – If you need more positive reviews, you may lose users. This is because people generally prefer to use apps others have reviewed positively.
Positive reviews are essential for the success of your app. This is because they can help you rank higher in the app store, get more organic downloads, and be seen as more trustworthy. If you need more positive reviews, you may gain users and see a decline in your app’s success.
- Apptentive: Mobile App Ratings and Reviews: Where to Start and How to Win
- Neil Patel: 5 Clever Ways to Increase Mobile App Reviews
- Terakeet: Why Online Reviews are Important for Customers & Businesses
- Status Brew: 12 Best Tactics To Get More Clients For Your Agency
- Apple: Getting Featured on the App Store
- Dixa: 3 Important Statistics That Show How Reviews Influence Consumers